How to Pick the Perfect Professional Photographer
What you need to consider before you pay that photography session fee.
If you’ve started the search for a photographer then you’ll know just how many options there are. Before you go ahead and book a professional photographer for a shoot though, there are a couple important things to consider.
What style are you looking for?
Photographers have different styles so you need to decide on someone who can help you achieve the end result you are looking for. This applies to everything from wedding and maternity shoots to family and corporate shoots. Ask the photographer for some examples of their latest work to evaluate whether they can cater to your needs.
Research and review.
Before you invest in a professional photographer you need to do your homework. Get online to find a few customer reviews, browse around their website to view their latest work and have a look around their social media pages to find out what others are saying about them. These platforms will also give you a good idea of their personality and style. Some other important points to consider when researching photographers are:
- Service. Do their services fall within your needs
- Expertise. Are they experienced enough to give you the results you are looking for?
- Location. Are they based in your area and are they willing to travel to a specific location
- if need be?
- Quality. Is the quality of their photos good enough? Look at aspects such as sharpness,
- Communicate - Does the photogrpaher communicate well and supply you with enough information prior to your session?
- Inclusions - What inclusions are in the session? Does the session include family and sibling photos? Will the photogrpaher use colour schemes you like? Do you receive a sneak peek? Is there a client closet?
- Session Experience - Is the photogrpaher not only supplying you with amazing images, but are they creating the most amazing expericne for your family? The Newborn stage is so important, you want to make sure the experience you have is second to none
Create a short list.
Once you have done your research, create a short list of professional photographers that stand out for you. Get in touch with each of them to discuss your needs and to ask any questions that you might have. It’s important that you chat with the photographer over the phone if not in person as this is the best way to get to know them and find out whether you’ll be able to work with them. Feeling uncomfortable or stressed out around your photographer makes for bad photos.
It’s important that you pick a photographer that you have confidence in. Your photos are there to last you a lifetime so while there is nothing wrong with helping out your photographer friend who has just started out, it’s best to choose an experienced photographer for important events and occasions that you can’t relive.